Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mental Block

I have hit a mental block. I realize that's pretty bad only 5 blogs in. The issue is that I simply have too many different interests!

I sold a pair of "Square Portal" earrings on eBay. The originals were made from 16gauge wire, I'm making these from 14. It's thicker, but it will show the hammer marks better.

I am also working on a pendant for a necklace it's all squares, once I get it done I'll post a picture.

Useful tip:
No matter what kind of precious metal you are working with, use a good burnisher. I have an agate burnisher, it makes silver look like it just came out of the smelting pot it glows. I used it on my gold wedding band and it shined up to a sheen that looked like new.
Use a burnisher anytime you want a piece to look brand new, even if you have had it for a while.

Be careful burnishing does a bit of compression on the metal and can actually rub off softer metals...

What else? I am looking for plans for a cuff bracelet made from 12 to 14 gauges square wire and 16 and 24 gauge round wire. 
If I can get a decent price for what I need, I have someone interested in commissioning a piece.

I don't have my Etsy site up and running yet. I've been rather busy at work. However I fully intend to take care of that.

Well that's not much but at least there's a helpful hint and maybe I'll come up with something more.

Till next time,
Bink


I also own, or have been instrumental in the following web sites:
10tinydimes.com
InTheUPstate.net
Adaptivegamer.com
Bags Express
Staged Equals Sold
sKeyPhotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment