Saturday, April 4, 2009

Silver Sheet Jewelry

I just ordered some silver sheet it's .925 sterling from Fire Mountain Gems and Beads , mirror finish and I'm going to make a cuff bracelet for a coworker.

I ordered 28 gauge sterling silver, unfortunately anything thicker costs way too much. in order to strengthen the cuff I'll be adding a double strip of copper and then folding the edges of the silver sheet over to make a band 1 inch wide which I'll then shape to the right dimensions for her wrist. I'm afraid I'm going to have to purchase a chasing hammer and a bench block, my improvisations aren't going to work much longer.

This time I'll take pictures I got a new phone with a decent camera for web pictures.

I should get the silver sheet one Wednesday of next week.

I also own, or have been instrumental in the following web sites:
10tinydimes.com
InTheUPstate.net
Adaptivegamer.com
Bags Express
Staged Equals Sold
sKeyPhotography.com

2 comments:

  1. Silver sheet jewelry also beautiful than other jeweleries, and if that made with Gems and Beads then very nice.
    Jewelry Modesto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make beautiful silver jewelry! This is a better kit – contains the tools, materials and instructions you’ll need to get started. Included are a 55 minute instructional DVD, set of miniature files, ring mandrel, 9×11-inch sandpaper sheets in #600 – #1200 and #2000 grit, self igniting refillable butane torch (refillable butane torch shipped empty), 4x4x1-inch rubber block for stability during work, firing brick, adjustable ring sizer, stainless steel brush, cleaning tool/spatula, tweezers, polishing cloth, 6×6-inch smooth non-stick work surface sheet, clear acrylic roller with metal handle, plastic guide/gauge strips, agate burnisher, 20 grams of low-fire Art Clay Silver and the instruction sheet, “Art Clay Silver.”

    ReplyDelete