Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I finally made that cuff bracelet.

The piced of sheet Sterling I had was 6 X 3 so I cut a strip of cpper sheeting (22g)to 1.5 X 5 inches.

I then carefully folded the edges of the silver over the copper. I had to do my best to maintain the mirror finish on the silver so I used paper to line the jaws of my pliers I was using to bend the armour. A better method would be to use a bench vise with either paper or wood lining the jaws.

(Next time I'll use my bench-vise, I should be able to find it when we move.)

After I had the sides folded down I cut rounds on the end and folded the end over, then carefully hammered the backside of the silver. I put paper on the benchblock hammered the backside. There are a few variations in the finished side, but overall it still maintains it's bright finish.

I hammered and then bent the cuff, hammered then bent in an effort to let the copper slide inside the silver to bend and to make sure we canbend and smooth the silver.


the finished pictures can be seen at jewelry.xanthakita.com

Order one if you want. I'm only asking $150.00 for each one half down and half on delivery


I also own, or have been instrumental in the following web sites:
jewelry.xanthakita.com
InTheUPstate.net
Adaptivegamer.com
Bags Express
Staged Equals Sold
sKeyPhotography.com

7 comments:

  1. This is too nice who telling about various jeweleries and the latest designs.
    silver

    jewelry exporters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the information about cuff bracelet. Love to see that jewelry designer create new idea and make beautiful creation of the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog!
    I write a jewelry blog as well, and your articles are so informative.
    Thanks for great writing and great thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute post! i love it! hope u r doing well!
    Its really a great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to visiting your blog again. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. People love to buy online gold articles as well as there are people who are interested in selling such gold articles online.

    ReplyDelete